CORE’s winningest kite now features redesigned ExoTex Light struts that are noticeably lighter and still robust as ever. The struts’ new shape, material, and diameter provide added canopy stability and a little more punch in the turns.
2019 was another fantastic year for the GTS. Following up on Josh Emanuel’s win in 2017, another CORE rider squeaked through the first round and looped his 8m GTS5 to gold in Red Bull’s Megaloop Challenge. Although CORE doesn’t expect its GTS customers to be signing up for next year’s Megaloop competition, they could with the new GTS6 and a little bit of practice.
“It’s a real challenge to improve something as good as the GTS,” comments chief kite designer, Frank Ilfrich. “But improving kite construction is something we’regood at.” With input from our top team riders, CORE’s designers have squeezed a little more control and power into the loops.
Everything you love about the GTS5 is still in the 6er. The three strut, Future-C canopy, still forms the nucleus of the GTS. The design team beefed up the leading edge. And they made significant improvements to the struts. The new larger diameter ExoTex Light struts resist bending, save weight, and lend a sportier, punchier feel in the loops.
Is the GTS6 right for you?
Do you enjoy a proper yank from a legit looping machine? Are you experimenting with megaloop board-offs? Do your surfboard aerials rival your twintip tricks? If you answered yes to these, then rush to your nearest authorized CORE reseller and test the GTS6. You’ll find this versatile freestyle kite will surprise you with its wave pedigree.
GTS6 LW The best insurance money can buy
The 6th generation features new ExoTex Light leading edge, struts, and dacron re-enforcements to massively reduce frame weight and increase strut stability. The kite also gets improved paneling, and CIT Modes now use no-snag loops.
In stores now
The GTS6 is available from 5m to 13.5m in size, while the GTS6 LW edition is available as a 15m or 17m. All sizes are ready for purchase at authorized CORE resellers. Test one soon.
5.0 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 8.0 | 9.0 | 10.0 | 11.0 | 12.0 | 13.5 LW 15.0 | LW 17.0
From EUR 1,229.00
- NEW: EXOTEX® LIGHT STRUTS: Larger diameter struts are lighter & more rigid.
- THREE STRUT FRAME: Light. And fast turning.
- FUTURE-C SHAPE: Snappy turns with a controlled and consistent pull.
- RADICAL REACTION TIPS: C-style shaped wingtips for fast bar response.
- CIT MODES: Fully adjustable kite handling characteristics.
- EXOTEX® ULTRA RIGID DACRON: High pressure, zero stretch dacron.
- CORETEX® TRIPLE RIPSTOP CANOPY: Extreme durability and UV protection.
- ULTRASHORT BRIDLE SYSTEM: Improved kite feedback.
- INSTANT RELAUNCH: Reliable waterstarts under challenging conditions.
- SPEED VALVE 2: Quick, reduced effort inflation.
- SENSOR BAR READY: Pair with a Sensor 3 or 2S bar for maximum kite feedback and control.
- 6 YEAR PARTS GUARANTEE: Six-year parts availability guarantee.