Prepared for the unexpected: CORE presents the incredibly versatile Nexus 2 –a universal kite for waves, freestyle, freeride or foil.
Two years ago this agile, three strut allrounder didn’t just fill a gap but found its calling as a centerpiece in theUniversal+ Series. The second-generation continues upon its predecessor’s success and builds upon its sporty character with new, lighter struts.
A kite for all seasons.
The Nexus 2 starts with CORE’s proven Future-C canopy and ultrashort bridles. The canopy combines the highly effective surf profile of the Section with the progressive sportiness of the GTS. This kite loves to initiate punchy cutbacks or drift down-the-line with intuitive control. But that’s not all. On request, it unleashes explosive power and control for amazing hangtime and easy strapless freestyle. Its huge wind range and excellent upwind performance is a plus for freeriders and foilers alike.
It’s easy and fast to change the Nexus 2’s handling characteristics with CORE’s CIT modes. The wave mode delivers the tightest turns, huge depower, and fantastic drift on a wave or foil. Freestyle mode gives maximum power in loops and jumps. The kite comes out of the bag in super comfortable allround mode which is a great place to start all your adventures.
New lighter struts.
Three struts have advantages. And now, with ExoTex Light, CORE has further reduced its strut weight by 10%. ExoTex Light dacron incorporates similar coatings but different reinforcing thread patterns which reduce fabric weight by 10%. “Our new dacron allows us to further improve the Nexus’s excellent handling, drifting, and looping capabilities,” explains CORE kite designer Frank Ilfrich. Frank adds, “Yet, we continue to use ExoTex in the leading edge to take full advantage of the specific benefits higher air pressure gives us in waves and freestyle.”
The latest iteration features wider tips that improve control and lends a more sporty and dynamic behavior. “The new tips also enhance conventional and reverse water relaunches,” comments Frank Ilfrich, which is a big bonus for beginner and advanced riders. Foilers, in particular, will appreciate the better relaunching capabilities in low wind.
Light wind Commander.
Multi-discipline performance for the lower bounds of your wind alerts. New for the 15 and 17m Nexus 2 LW is its ExoTex Light frame. Not onlyare the struts using CORE’s 10% lighter dacron, but so too is the LW’s leading edge. The super-light frame is paired with our proprietary CoreTex Light canopy fabric which results in the lightest Nexus LW ever.
Optimized for CORE Sensor bars.
The Nexus2 and 2 LW are optimized for CORE’s ultralight Sensor bar systems. They feature precise kite control, unmatched safety, and uncluttered simplicity.
The Nexus 2 is available in ten sizes and the LW in two. Test one soon at your nearest authorized CORE retailer.
Sizes: 4.0 | 5.0 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 8.0 | 9.0 | 10.0 | 11.0 | 12.0 | 13.5 LW 15.0 | LW 17.0
- CIT MODES: Fully adjustable kite handling characteristics.
- 3 STRUT LIGHT FRAME: Promotes better handling.
- FUTURE-C SHAPE: True C-kite feel. For snappy turns with a controlled and consistent pull.
- RADICAL REACTION TIPS: C-style shaped wingtips for faster bar response.
- EXOTEX® ULTRA RIGID DACRON: Zero stretch airframe.
- CORETEX® TRIPLE RIPSTOP CANOPY: Extreme durability and UV protection.
- EXOTEX® LIGHT STRUTS: Lighter. For improved flight and drift.
- ULTRA SHORT BRIDLE SYSTEM: Improved kite feedback.
- SURF PROFILE: Modified camber for improved drifting and balance.
- INSTANT RELAUNCH: Reliable waterstarts in difficult conditions.
- SPEED VALVE 2: Quick, reduced effort inflation.
- SENSOR BAR SYSTEM: For maximum kite feedback and control pair this kite with a Sensor bar.
- 6 YEAR PARTS GUARANTEE: Six-year parts availability guarantee.
Find out more about the new Nexus 2