The GKA Distance Battle is about to start, and wildcard voting will begin this Thursday at 2pm CEST. It will last just 24hours. Don’t miss the chance to vote for your favourite rider in the first interactive and online, kitesurf competition of its kind.
The GKA Distance Battle is an international, online, and interactive kitesurf competition. Top seed athletes have already gone through to the first round based on their GKA Kite World Tour ranking or points but there will be wildcard entries for both the freestyle and the strapless freestyle categories in the mens and women’s divisions.
Voting for wildcard entries will start Thursday 16th July at 14:00h CEST and will run until exactly 14:00h on Friday 17th July. This is a chance to see your favorite rider battle it out against the top GKA athletes, vote for them to have the chance of competing in this one of a kind kitesurfing competition.
Wildcard winners will be announced shortly after voting closes on Friday 17th July. The filming period for heat videos will begin the next day, and will run for 5 weeks, with the deadline on the 22nd of August. The GKA Distance Battle will officially start on Monday 31st August and will run daily until Sunday 13th September.
Get ready for the Battle of the year!
The GKA Distance Battle Program
- 16.7.20 – 14:00h CET – Online voting for wildcard entries begins
- 17.7.20 – 14:00h CET: Online Voting for wildcard entries closes
- 17.7.20 – Wildcard winners announced and list of final competitors released
- 18.7.20 – Start of filming period for heat video entries
- 22.8.20 – End of filming period, deadline for submitting the heat videos
- 31.8 until 13.9.20 Broadcasting of the live competition